As a mental health clinician you have probably wondered what should your voicemail message be?Here are some samples:
- Hello, you have reached the voicemail of [Dr. XXX], Licensed Psychologists. The office is closed at this time. We are currently unavailable to take your call. Our business hours are nine to five, Monday through Friday. If you are calling because you are experiencing an emergency, crisis, or need immediate assistance, please hang up and call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
- Hello, you have reached the office of [Dr. XXX]. Unfortunately, I am unable to take your call at this time. If you would leave your name, telephone number and a detailed message after the tone, I will return your call as soon as possible. Thank you.
- Hi, this is [Dr. XXX] at [State University]. I’m sorry I cannot take your call right now. Please leave a detailed message at the tone along with your name and telephone number. I‘ll return your call as soon as I can. Thank you.
- Hello, you have reached the Department of [Psychology] at [State University]. We are unable to answer your call at the present time. Please leave a message with your name and telephone number at the tone. Your call will be returned shortly. Thank you for calling.
- Hello, this is [Dr. XXX] of the psychology department at [State University]. I am not able to take your call at the moment but if you leave your name, telephone number and a brief message at the tone, I’ll return your call as soon as possible. Thank you.
- Hello, you have reached the voicemail box for [Dr. XXX] at [State University]. I am out of the office from ______ to _______. During this time, messages cannot be left in this voicemail box. If you need assistance in my absence, please contact ________ at extension _________. Thank you.
- Hello, you have reached the office of ___________. I am currently away from the office and will return on <day of the week> <date>. This voicemail box will not accept messages during my absence. If you need assistance before I return, please call [Dr. XXX] at 866-305-____ or extension ____. Thank you.
Feel free to copy any voicemail greetings, and leave your own suggestions in the comments section.